Monday, November 15, 2010

Right rod for right fish

Well, you probably don't want to catch a salmon on a bass rod so here are some tips. The first thing I always look at is the line ratings then, the sensitivity. After that I go to the line section of the store and pick a nice line, don't get that cheap line that only 2.99 I usually turn to Maxima line. A nice rate of line for bass is 8-10 lbs.test, mainly because you'll get a lot of snags on rocks or weeds. Although the rod sensitivity should be medium, that's because when your fishing off the bottom it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between a bite and a snag. Tackle is really easy topic to explain, mostly all I use is jigs with some artificial bait. Good colors are semi-dark with lighter fleck. Or I will turn to my other bass rod with suffix line and some Rapalas of varying sizes and colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment